Popular referee Luke Pearce was taking no rubbish from England and Saracens forwards Billy Vunipola and Maro Itoje as he marched the men in red back for his needless backchat.
- LIST | 5 brilliant and hilarious Jason Leonard stories
- Nigel Owens ranks the 5 best an 5 worst players to referee
- CANCELLED: Sharks’ clash against Saracens called off
- 5 nasty incidents that damaged players reputations forever
- A Sibling XV Of Rugby Stars You Didn’t Know About
Nigel Owens reveals the five toughest players to referee, including Maro Itoje
NIGEL OWENS has lifted the lid on his life as a top international referee – and revealed who was the most difficult player to manage in games.
#5. Dan Biggar (Wales)
Owens said: “Oh god yes, Biggar can be a tricky customer on the field.
“He’s so focused and so passionate about what he’s doing no matter the game or occasion, we’ve had a few run ins on the pitch down the years.
“I mean, it’s always been in a respectful way and we always have a drink and a laugh after the game.”