England international Nathan Hughes has joined Bath Rugby on loan from Bristol Bears. The No.8 joins with immediate effect, bringing both physicality and power to Bath’s back row.
The powerhouse back-rower, who played for Championship side Hartpury College over the weekend, joins his third club in the last seven days.
Head Coach Neal Hatley commented, “We are delighted to secure Nathan’s services – he is a destructive ball carrier and provides critical cover throughout the international window.
“I have been fortunate enough to work with him at international level. His experience and attributes, both as a person and a player, mean we are all looking forward to seeing him perform and making an impact for the Blue, Black and Whites.”
- Rugby 22: New Exclusive Gameplay Trailer Revealed
- TRANSFER: Zach Mercer set for Gallagher Premiership return
- Sam Underhill ruled out of Six Nations after horror injury
- Joe Marler ‘lucky’ not to see red for deliberate stamp
- A second Champions Cup game has been cancelled
- Here Are The Hardest Hitters In Rugby Union History
Sunday’s bumper transfer news and rumour round-up.
RUMOUR: Globetrotting centre Jamie Roberts is on the brink of moving to Australia to sign for the Waratahs. FULL STORY
REPORT: Exiled Montpellier No 8 Zach Mercer has been offered a World Cup lifeline after an impromptu meeting with Eddie Jones. FULL STORY
SIGNED: Ex-Bath and Bristol scrum-half Chris Cook has signed a short-term deal taking him to Zebre Parma, the Italian-based United Rugby Championship side. FULL STORY