Planet Rugby has reported that England prop Joe Marler ‘has requested a transfer’ away from Harlequins after another dismal performance against London Irish.
With Marler in dominant form, Quins bossed the scrum and loose for most of the game, yet disciplinary errors and mistakes allowed London Irish to come back to draw 27-27, as London Irish replacement and Puma legend Agustin Creevy inspired a fightback for his new club.
However, they have been linked with a move for England speedster Anthony Watson, who is out of contract with Bath in the summer.
Check out all the latest transfer news and rumours in our LIVE rugby transfer centre.
DID YOU KNOW? He isn’t technically a one-club man. After joining the Quins academy in 2008, the prop spent some time on loan to Esher and Worthing
- England captain Owen Farrell ranks his top five rugby players
- The current 36-man Lions squad, according to the bookies
- Piers Morgan picks his all-time greatest rugby XV
- Every Premiership club’s best player out of contract in 2021
Three Irishmen feature In Joe Marler’s ‘Cheeky’ Dream XV
Marler’s cheeky selection features seven All Blacks legends in his team, with three from Ireland, two Welsh, two Australians and a Fijian nicknamed ‘The Bus’.
1. Tony Woodcock (New Zealand)
2. Rory Best (Ireland)
3. Carl Hayman (New Zealand)
4. Alun Wyn Jones (Wales)
5. Paul O’Connell (Ireland)